Current Requests for Proposals
Please check this page frequently for updates.
12/5/2011Health Department Issues Request for Proposals for Safe Streets Program
Are you interested in implementing a community-based program in your neighborhood that has been shown to reduce homicides and shootings? The Baltimore City Health Department, Office of Youth Violence Prevention, is releasing a Request for Proposals (RFP) seeking one community organization to act as the Lead Agency and implement Safe Streets, based on the CeaseFire Chicago model, in a target area within the eligible areas. Approximately $375,000 will be available for one (1) award.
Safe Streets Baltimore has been in existence since 2007 and is currently operating in East Baltimore in the McElderry Park community and in Cherry Hill. A recent evaluation of the initiative by the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health has shown positive outcomes, including reductions in shooting and homicides, in the current targeted communities.
A Bidder’s Conference is scheduled for January 18, 2012, from 10:00 a.m. to noon at City Hall (100 N. Holliday Street) in the Curran Conference Room, 4th Floor. It is mandatory that interested providers send one or more representatives to the conference. As a part of this conference, a workshop detailing the CeaseFire Model and Safe Streets will be given.
Eligible CSAs (neighborhoods within the CSAs are listed in parentheses)
- Southwest Baltimore (Booth-Boyd, Carrollton Ridge, Franklin Square, Millhill, New Southwest/Mount Clare, Penrose/Fayette Street Outreach, Shipley Hill, Union Square)
- Greater Rosemont (Bridgeview/Greenlawn, Coppin Heights/Ash-Co-East, Evergreen Lawn, Fairmont, Franklintown Road, Midtown-Edmondson, Mosher, Northwest Community Action, Rosemont, Rosemont Homeowners/Tenants, Winchester)
- Sandtown-Winchester/Harlem Park(Easterwood, Harlem Park, Saint Paul, Sandtown-Winchester)
- Clifton-Berea(Berea, Biddle Street, Darley Park, South Clifton Park)
- Madison/East End(Madison-East End, McElderry Park, Milton-Montford)
- Midway/Coldstream(Coldstream Homestead Montebello, East Baltimore Midway)
- Southern Park Heights(Central Park Heights, Greenspring, Lucille Park, Park Circle, Parklane, Towanda-Grantley)
- Upton/Druid Heights(Druid Heights, Heritage Crossing, Madison Park, Penn North, Upton)
- Greenmount East(Broadway East, Johnston Square, Oliver)
- Pimlico/Arlington/Hilltop(Arlington, Cylburn, Langston Hughes, Levindale, Pimlico Good Neighbors)
- Allendale/Irvington/South Hilton (Allendale, Carroll-South Hilton, Gwynns Falls, Irvington, Saint Josephs, Uplands, Yale Heights)
- Brooklyn/Curtis Bay/Hawkins Point (Brooklyn, Curtis Bay, Fairfield, Hawkins Point)
- Belair/Edison (Belair-Edison, Clifton Park, Four By Four, Mayfield, Parkside)
- Jonestown/Oldtown (Fells Point, Gay Street, Inner Harbor, Jonestown, Little Italy, Oldtown, Penn-Fallsway, Perkins Homes, Pleasant View Gardens, Washington Hill)
- Greater Mondawmin (Burleith-Leighton, Hanlon-Longwood, Liberty Square, Mondawmin, Panway/Braddish Avenue, Walbrook)