Free Tobacco Use Prevention Resources
The Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation Program provides a number of free smoking cessation resources to Baltimore City residents:
- The program provides pharmacotherapies to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) for uninsured clients in their cessation programs. Free patches and Chantix are distributed to clients – either through one-on-one counseling by a health care provider or during cessation classes.
- Quit Line – 1-800-QUITNOW provides counseling to callers who want to quit. Qualifying callers are provided with a month’s supply of patches and gum.
- Baltimore City residents may also call BCHD at 410-545-1530 for referrals to a FQHC for counseling and cessation classes.
- The SmokeFree Baltimore Tour Bus travels daily to schools, community meetings, churches, and health fairs to conduct presentation on tobacco use prevention. Lung Association certified staff provide counseling to those who express a desire to quit smoking, then refer them to Quitline or FQHCs.
- SmokeFree Baltimore Tour Bus
- 1001 E. Fayette Street
- Baltimore, MD 21202
- Please call us to obtain dates and times.
- For an updated listing of free cessation resources and classes, call BCHD at 410-545-1530.