Teen birth rates in Baltimore are among the highest in the nation. Recommendations in this plan to significantly reduce these rates include: increased access to comprehensive sex education and contraceptive services for youth; educating youth about the availability of services and what it really means to be a teen parent; expanding school based or school linked clinical services; identifying a lead agency to implement the plan; and involving youth and community leaders at every step. [Read the 9/17/10 Press Release]
The Healthy Teens and Young Adults clinic provides specialized medical services to individuals 10-24 years of age, including reproductive health, family planning, health education services, and mental health screening and referral.
- Routine gynecological (GYN) care
- MMR immunizations
- Pap smear (cervical cancer screening)
- Mental health screening and referrals
- STD screening and treatment
- Health education and outreach
- HIV testing and counseling
- Special programs for young men
- Pregnancy tests and referrals
- Individual and group family counseling and health
- Breast exams
- Education workshops
- Birth control (including Norplant)
- Enrichment workshops and community presentations.
- Cost: Clients are charged on a sliding scale.